Feb 2022 – Present: BT Consumer
Technical SEO Specialist
- Responsible for technical SEO projects across BT Consumer.
- Analysis of BT Group web properties to identify improvements in areas such as page speed, internal linking, site structure, structured data and more.
- Working with squads across the business to implement technical SEO improvements.
- Involved in planning, implementation and evaluation of migration projects.
Apr 2019 – Jan 2022: Claneo GmbH
Senior SEO Consultant
- Strategic and technical consultancy, helping businesses develop SEO strategies to fit their needs.
- Day to day account management and ongoing support for key clients in eCommerce, automotive, online gaming and more.
- Pitching and presenting the agency to potential customers.
- Carrying out technical audits and analyses for sites with a handful of pages right up to millions of URLs.
- Guiding clients through site migration projects.
- Delivering training sessions and workshops internally and externally.
- Setting up reporting dashboards in Google Data Studio.
Dec 2016 – Mar 2019: Mister Spex
- SEO lead for Mister Spex, Europe’s largest online optician. Responsible for all aspects of SEO for nine websites in ten international markets.
- Ongoing technical SEO improvements to page speed, site architecture, mobile improvements, structured data and more.
- Managing external agencies for link building.
- Overseeing site migration projects.
- Analysis and reporting of SEO KPIs to Chief Marketing Officer.
Jul 2015 – Nov 2016: Helpling (Rocket Internet)
- Began as Onpage SEO Manager, moving in to team lead role after 12 months.
- Leading the Implementation of SEO strategy across nine markets and two brands.
- Driving technical and on page improvements across all websites. Working closely with IT and Product teams to ensure all sites meet highest standards of onpage SEO.
- Built landing page template for regional expansion in UK and Ireland and implemented SEO strategy to ensure growth in key cities.
- Overseeing global content marketing projects in collaboration with communications department.
Jan 2014 – Jun 2015: Brake
- Driving traffic to Brake websites by ensuring content, site structure and backlink profile is optimised for search engines.
- Managing up to $10,000 monthly Google AdWords budget for brake.org.uk. Write ad copy, manage bids, and optimise campaigns. Perform a/b testing of ads.
- Produce content for a variety of channels including web, social media, e-learning and campaigns material.
- Secured marketing partnerships with high profile organisations such as the World Health Organisation and the FIA Foundation.
- Provide reactive quotes for local, regional and national print media and deliver TV and radio interviews for broadcasters.
Mar 2013 – Jan 2014: Freelance
Online Marketing Consultant
- Managed Google Adwords Grant accounts and advised on SEO and comms for non-profits.
Dec 2011 – Jan 2014: Chrysalis
- Helping large brands and agencies build successful SEO teams.
Jan 2010 – Dec 2011: Sam’s Chop House
2007-2010. University of Manchester.
BA (hons) Comparative Religion and Social Anthropology. Upper Second Class 2:1.
2000-2007. Rainhill High School.
A-Levels: Sociology A, History B, English Language B.
GCSEs: 3 As, 4 Bs, 3 Cs
Interests & Other Experience
I play football regularly and sit on the board of an amateur football team in Berlin. As board member, my responsibilities include processing registrations of new players, organising club events, attending disciplinary hearings and general running of the club. Additionally, I built the club’s website (http://www.britishlions.de) and I also currently support a small number of Berlin start-ups with online marketing consultancy on a freelance basis.